Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 Malibu. Recently the ABS, TC, Power Steering,

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Malibu. Recently the ABS, TC, Power Steering, Fuel Low warning lights have been coming on. Fuel Gauge showed empty even though I have a full tank. The Power Steering works. Also I get no crank. The gears are not illuminated. There's an "error" message where the gears should be illuminated. I was told to put it in neutral, then park a couple of times. Then it starts. Mechanics say they can't diagnosis the problems until they occur again. All they get are history codes. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

yes the neutral switch can be to blame for no crank. Regardless of when codes set, they still should be diagnosed and resolved. They stored due to a problem, if no diag and repairs were done then there still active codes. Were there no ABS codes stored? If you can do diag, I can provide the steps and help you work through this.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris