Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

I have a 2008 C4500, Duramax, when I turn the key I have

Customer Question

I have a 2008 C4500, Duramax, when I turn the key I have absolutely no power, though the batteries have full charge, if I disconnect all bettery terminals and then reconnect, it acts as if I reset something, the truck then starts up with no problems. This problem has happened at random times.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen issues with the electronic ignition switch in the steering column act up and cause this fault here as well as an issue with ignition relays at fault in the under hood fuse panel.I would have the signals tested at the ignition switch itself to see if this is the cause here and if found to be at fault it will need replaced to correct this issue.This is the most common cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete