Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

After changing the intake the truck now cranks and runs

Customer Question

After changing the intake the truck now cranks and runs for a minute and then shuts back off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem may be caused by the pass lock system having lost programming. Start first with trying the pass lock reset. See it in the link below.

If after performing the relearn and the problem remains then check to see if you have good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure and post back with which one you are lacking and we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The pass lock relearn didn't work. It has 62 psi for fuel pressure. It has good spark. Like I said earlier the i replaced the whole intake from top to botton. Before I done that the truck would not run at all. After I did that it will run for a minute and shut right back off. The distibutor cap, rotor button, and spark plug wires I replaced back in march. I haven't found a cracked in any of them but someone is suggesting to replace them anyway as it sounds like it may not be firing on all cylinders.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Your fuel pressure looks okay and if you are sure you have good spark have you checked to see if your getting Injector pulse?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Honestly I don't know how to check injector pulse on this truck seeing as how it has the spider instead of regular injectors
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

You can check injector pulse with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end of the light on the power side of any one of the injector connectors and the ground end of the light on the other wire and then crank the engine over. If you have injector pulse the light should flash.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know how to test regular injectors but this truck doesn't have those. It has the spider injector located under the top plenum of the intake manifold
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

The plenum will need to come off to access the connector on the spider to check for pulse.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can access the connector without removing the plenum but I need to know which pins to check
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Power side is the pink wire and the ground switching sides are shown in the wiring diagram below.