Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2012 chevy 6.6 dura max smokes sometimes when i accellerate

Customer Question

2012 chevy 6.6 dura max smokes sometimes when i accellerate not aleays and it whiete - no warning lights are on
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 2012 - replaced 10,000 miles ago - have 70,000 on truck
JA: What is the model of your '12 GM?
Customer: Chevy siversdo 6.6 duramsx w 6 spd allison
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet doesnt happen often but i worry about injectors
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No t really just sends up a big cloud of white smoke generally when i acellerate and i havent been drving very long - engine really warmi gurss
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Do you still need help, if so let me know and I will try to help. This is not an answer.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help. This concern normally points to injector issues. Do you have a scan tool that can do more than just code checking?
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I never saw an answer or even a partial answer - i saw a restatement ofmy question and an opportunity to talk to for $26 - so think i will cut my losses - have an appointment with my GM mechanic today - thanks
ps as far ad not happy with you? More unhappy with this web site - just another quick buck scam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just close out this deal - have nice day��

Sorry you were not able to respond on the 10th, when I offered to help.

Since your getting this concern fixed, since you have already paid for help is there another concern i can assist with so you are getting something for the deposit you have made?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope bye

Okay, best of luck.

The post will auto time out and close on the 16th.