Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I have a 2007 chevy impala I just put in a new starter and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 chevy impala I just put in a new starter and altenator but its not charging my battery
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: it starts right up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looked for corrosion had the alt tested while it was in the car and it was not charging the battery I took it out and took it to advance they put it on the machine it said that it was good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Put your meter on the battery while the engine is running and see voltage , what is it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Was 12 sumthin yesterday
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took it out and had it put on a machine and the alternator is good also had the battery checked the alternator is just not on when hooked up to my car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

what engine is in it?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan