Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

2007 chevrolet 4.8 litre, changed out battery, gauges are

Customer Question

2007 chevrolet 4.8 litre, changed out battery, gauges are interrment, truck will turn over but will not start, could this be a ground problem? no radio battery light on, abs light on
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: brand new battery, engine turns over, will start and runs about 1 second
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?
Customer: 1500 classic, plain jane truck
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned ground terminal on battery, will look for grounding problems, one lead goes to engine, other may go to frame, is there a ground lead under drivers seat? will try to fix myself, when ground terminal was cleaned, all gauges worked again for awhile now all not working
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: in salty evvironment, along texas coast, think ground connections corroded, need to find location
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed a list of all ground in the link below as well as there location.

If after checking these ground and the problem remains then lets check and see if you have good spark to the spark plugs as well as injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure. If you can determine which one your lacking and post back with this I will see if I can help you determine the cause. Let me know and we can work from there.