Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2001 Silverado HD 4x4. The other day i was climbing

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Silverado HD 4x4. The other day i was climbing a steep road, flattened out then went up the next incline and lost four wheel. Got home looked underneath, tested the front actuator, good. Went to the encoder motor, disconnected it found that the motor was shifting like it is supposed to. ( truck elevated )(Drive shaft disconnected to remove encoder motor).. Manually engaged the transfer case the spline where the drive shaft slips in had tension resistance, shifted to 2H no resistance. Back to four high. had resistance. OK maybe encoder motor weak. replaced, still nothing, but now when i do it manually the transfer case will not lock in ?. My switches light up, Also, when i test drive it in 4lo or 2H the gearing is where it needs to be. BTW i have a code that P1875 4 lo no signal. Would this lead me to the TCCM? but all actuators working. Or transfer case? Does the TCCM send a signal to the allison to engage into the transfer case? I guess the ATC fuse works if the encoder motor works? stumped? Also, if my fluid is lo on the transfer case would this prevent from engaging? no leaks, no grinding in the transfer case.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I spent the day boating with family and recently logged in and got all caught up. I see alot of waiting customers like yourself that were not helped earlier. Why I do not know but I believe I can help if you still need or want it. Please do not confuse this as my answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
respond please.

With it fully assembled and in the air. In 4 high and 4 low is the front driveshaft spinning while in drive?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no

Thanks, ***** ***** do the same test again and manually shift it to high and low will the front driveshaft then lock in and turn?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris