sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I put unlock gps radio my 2008 silverado with non bose

Customer Question

I put amy unlock gps radio my 2008 silverado with non bose system and the volume is so low
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: My old radio is non bose so I assume that doesn't have the amp everything works well but the volume
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chevy?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I just installed the oem gps radio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'll like to know if the oem gps radio works on non bose silverado
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have installed an incorrect radio and now have a volume issue? A radio for a Bose system will only work with the factory amp. It's speaker outputs are signals to an amplifier and the amp is what generates the volume. If this replacement radio was from a Bose system and your truck does not have the amp and wiring then this radio will not produce normal sound.