rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Our 2003 Chevy trailblzer security alarm goes off without

Customer Question

our 2003 Chevy trailblzer security alarm goes off without notice and the locks will click on and off at times when driving
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: WE had it to a GM dealer a month ago and they csaid they could find nothing wrong
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: CAnt remember
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: WE have disconneted the battery and it resets but then it will go off again. I dont want to have the security system on a 13 year old car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the radio went into security mode the other fay w hil driving also it seems to do it when its hot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

I just attached the fix for you for that. Thanks again, and please remember to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what was the bad news
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

No bad news that I can see yet, just follow that attachment and you should be good. Let me know.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The car is at a local mechanic. Should I give him this!?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Sure, he should already know how to do it, but yes, give him all the ammunition you can.