GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Intermittently, Chevy Tahoe 2012 model, all gauges 't work

Customer Question

Intermittently, Chevy Tahoe 2012 model, all gauges don't work when ignition is started. Has happened only twice but worried about it. Let it sit for about an hour and the gauges start working again.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes the engine is fine. Don't know how old the battery is. Bought it last year as a used car for my mother.
JA: What is the model of your '12 Chevy?
Customer: Tahoe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it can be fixed easily, yes but I am not a mechanic. We haven't really tried anything yet so far.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Seems to happen on really hot days, but that is not confirmed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I spent the day boating with family and recently logged in and got all caught up. I see alot of waiting customers like yourself that were not helped earlier. Why I do not know but I believe I can help if you still need or want it. Please do not confuse this as my answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wow, I paid 28$ for this? I already got my answer from a GM rep so I won't need your help needless to say, I won't be using this service again. Glad you had a good time on your boat.

You were charged. If you have another question I can help with I will or I can submit a refund request.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would prefer a refund request please. Sorry I didn't find this service useful right now. Thanks
Pam J.

Sending in that request now.