Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

Issue with right / frt & rear turn signals inop. & no

Customer Question

Issue with right / frt & rear turn signals inop. & no voltage to bulb. Mirror indicator works Voltage to rt side fuses blinking fast . Suspect BCM issue . Multi function switch seems to be ok. Whatcha think ??
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: Sorry. unit is a 2005 Tahoe . Bulbs fuse ok. Have replaced several 2007 BCMs to correct inop lamps but 2005 may have unknown issue. ??
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chevy? What confuses you?
Customer: Seems the 2007 models had faulty BCMs. Haven't seen similar issues with earlier models.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have voltage signal @ inside fuses. Assuming the voltage signal runs thru BCM after activation. Concerned the BCM circuit may be open to lamp harness.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: LOL I am the mechanic ...with brain fade LOL
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

I see, the mirror indicators do work. Does the right side indicator on the dash work as well?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry Jerry. was @ lunch.. Indicator lamps are working Mirror lamp works Fuses have flasher voltage . No voltage to lamp harness & sockets Trailer plug has signal voltage thus Multi switch must be ok.

Good job checking that and yes, the MF switch should be good.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The power to the mirror and instrument panel do come from inside the under hood fuse box. Whereas the power to the signal light bulbs comes out from the under hood fuse box. I have seen at least one that just had a bad connection to the under hood fuse box, on the bottom where the terminal just wiggled out of the connector.

Let me attach a diagram and you can see how it is wired. Notice connector C1, terminal E10. That is most likely the area where the problem is at, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok Jerry . Customer had to leave on business will be a day or so before I can get it back to check / finish diagnostics . Sorry I'll have to wait . Diagram may help. will get back with you asap.

I understand.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,