Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2003 Chevrolet Astro van at condition does not blow out as

2003 Chevrolet Astro van at condition does not blow out as cold as can be I did not measure the. Temperature but I didn't measure the amount of Freon in the compressor which was at the right level using one of those refill cans gauges that you can buy an AutoZone the air balls out on Max but it never gets very cold it's like a just a cool air and I'd like to know what I can check in regards ***** ***** system if you can maybe give me a breakdown of the system and what does what how it functions basically

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Even if you showed the correct amount of freon pressure this doesnt indicate that the correct amount of freon is installed.It may be air pressure in with the freon showing the correct air ball pressure.I have seen this several times before where the system is actually low on freon and needs evacuated,vacuumed down,leaks checked for and repaired and then the freon refilled to correct this fault here.From what you have described here and with the common issue with leaks with the ac condensor and ac compressor on this model this sounds like the cause here needing corrected.

I would have the freon evacuated with an ac machine to actually see how much actual freon is in the system,my guess is it will be low due to a leak needing located and repaired and then the system refilled properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete