Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Loud roaring noise under accelleration all of the sudden

Customer Question

loud roaring noise under accelleration all of the sudden
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

If the noise is coming from the engine compartment, then check the fan clutch for lock-up. Shut off engine and manually try to turn the fan blade. Replace the fan clutch if there is a lot of resistance.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

there is a lot of resistance...... what is the best kind to get off amazon? 96 silverado 5.7L

Well, being a retired GM tech, I like using original parts on my vehicles. However, I have to recognize the fact that Hayden makes a pretty good fan clutch for a heck of a lot less than Delco. Click here to compare prices.

So, if you're a stickler for original parts, go with Delco, but if you're looking for a good part at a good price regardless of brand name, then go with Hayden.

Hi there.

Just wanted to check and see how you were doing with that Silverado. Did you replace that fan clutch with a Hayden or a Delco unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for checking in. I'm planning on working on it this week..... I got the Hayden!

Good choice!