Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2003 tahoe which is telling me that the fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2003 tahoe which is telling me that the fuel injector 6 has something wrong with it. I replaced the full injector and cleared the code and it came back. When I test the wire with a noid light it flashes correctly. I also switched the new Injector with another one in the engine and again 6 didn't work. The last thing I tried was I connected a voltage meter to the wiring harness and #6 is giving me 12 v where all the other injector harnesses have a steady 7.5 v. I don't know what this could mean though
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes all the fuses are correct and I have a wiring diagram
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: 2003 chevy tahoe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a 2003 tahoe which is telling me that the fuel injector 6 has something wrong with it. I replaced the full injector and cleared the code and it came back. When I test the wire with a noid light it flashes correctly. I also switched the new Injector with another one in the engine and again 6 didn't work. The last thing I tried was I connected a voltage meter to the wiring harness and #6 is giving me 12 v where all the other injector harnesses have a steady 7.5 v. I don't know what this could mean though
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the air compressor is not working but I know that engine is bad on that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what engine do you have?

what is the code# ***** are getting?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a 5.3 L i'm getting a p0200 and a p0305

ok,,stand by a moment

ok..and the noid does flash?

how and when did this problem first begin?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The noid light does flash. The problem began about three weeks ago when we drove up to vegas. the check engine light came on and started flashing. It turns off when ever I drive less then 50 mph Above 50 and the check engine light comes on and flashes. I can feel the car loose power when I go up hills as well.

have you replaced the coil,plug and wire for the #5?

hsave you tests the compression for the #5 and compared it to the other cylinders?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tested the compression but I have not replaced the coil or the wires. Is it normal to have the 12 v in just one injector housing the one that is not working correctly? could the coil cause this?

well,,the 12v worries me a little along with the 200 code

sense the noid does flash correctly ,,i would like to rule out all of the ignition[coil and wire]

to me,the 200 code may be because of a bad quad driver in the pcm[computer] itself

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
would you suggest changing out the PCM or the coil and wire? Could I switch out two Coil and wire with a working set on the Tahoe and if the code moves to another injector I know it's the coil or wire?

so..sense it is pulsing the injector,,lets rule out everything before you replace the pcm

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a721pxegj5unx4k/0705-tahoe-P0200.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/a721pxegj5unx4k/0705-tahoe-P0200.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

replace that coil and wire first..it may be worth the try

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you! for all your help!

you are very welcome

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help