Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2001 duramax and to resolve my injector problems I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 duramax and to resolve my injector problems I installed a moter out of 2007 LBZ and I can not get it to start I installed computer boxes out of the 07 into the truck. I'm not very familiar with diesel engines,can someone give me some advise and a few pointers please.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will need to see if a GM dealer or authorized GM repair facility can program the computer and vehicle theft system to allow your vehicle to start.The computer does not recognize the key and ignition and is causing the no start due to this.A dealer will usually charge an hours labor to reprogram it.In some cases one or more other computers may need reprogrammed or replaced like the BCM.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete