rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I'm not getting brake fluid to the rear brake drums on my

Customer Question

I'm not getting brake fluid to the rear brake drums on my Chevrolet 2005silverado. I replaced master cylinder ,wheel cylinder shoes and drums. My son run the truck dry of fluid that was caused by blown wheel cylinder front calipers are fine. Don't know what to do
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

That can only come from a bad wheel cylinder or brake line.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My son run the truck bone dry of brake fluid in the reservoir that supply's fluid to the rear. I was thinking abs had air trapped in it does that sound possible if so how do I fix that
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do I bleed brakes with truck running or off
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

You would do it with the car off, and also, check the proportioning valve too.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.