rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2011 Equinox with 50000 miles. I was told the

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Equinox with 50000 miles. I was told the torque converter seal is leaking. Estimate to repair is about 1400. This seems pretty major for so few miles and costly. Are there known problems of this type?
Submitted: 5 months ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

No known problems, but any seal can begin leaking at any time. Sorry that happened to you. I would ask the dealer if that still is under any drive train warranties.

Thanks, Ron