virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

Whats wrong when you are driving and all of a sudden the

Customer Question

Whats wrong when you are driving and all of a sudden the transmission indicator light on dash goes to the parked position and the transmission stops pulling the motor never cut off and continued to run but the vehicle would no longer engage in gear, I can put gear shift in drive but the indicator light never mives from the park position and transmission will not engage?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Most likely your PRNDL switch is bad. It's the switch that tells the computer what gear is selected.
I'd replace it if it were my vehicle.How long till it starts registering normal again? Do you have to turn it off and back on or do you have to wait a while before it acts normal?Thanks
It's also known as the range selector switch or neutral safety switch. Or Park Reverse Nuetral Drive Low (PRNDL) switch.

Do you still need help with this problem or was my information helpful? please let me know. and if I was helpful please kindly rate my help.