Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

Hazard lights wont go off, Battery not old lights are good,

Customer Question

Hazard lights wont go off
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Battery not old lights are good
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2011 chevy hhr
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm looking at guard yes I trying to fix no ones open till tues cause of holiday
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

1-you can try cycling the hazard switch several times in case it is stuck closed

2- You can try disconnecting the negative cable on the battery for 10 min and reconnecting it and hopefully that will reset it ( but you will lose radio code if you do that so hopefully you have it in the manual )

3- there a relay under the driver side bcm module that could be stuck and it internal to bcm module, this you can do anything about today,since like you mention every body is closed till Tuesday for parts

1 - Ambient Light Sensor

2 - Driver Information Center (UAF)

3 - Hazard Switch

4 - Inflatable Restraint I/P Module

5 - Passenger Rear Access Panel Switch - Right Rear Panel (Panel Van)

6 - Inflatable Restraint I/P Module Indicator

7 - Radio/Navigation Unit 8 - HVAC Control Assembly 9 - Cigar Lighter (DT4)/Accessory Power Outlet I/P (without DT4) 10 - Rear Wiper/Washer Switch 11 - Fog Lamp Switch (T37 or T96) 12 - Traction Control Switch 13 - I/P Dimmer Switch 14 - Steering Wheel Controls - Right (UK3) 15 - Steering Wheel Controls - Left 16 - Driver Rear Access Panel Switch - Left Rear Panel (Panel Van) 17 - Driver Rear Access Panel Switch - Right Rear Panel (Panel Van) 18 - Turn Signal/Multifunction Switch 19 - Inflatable Restraint Steering Wheel Module 20 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) 21 - Windshield Wiper/Washer Switch

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13792)

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

# ***** in the diagram is the hazard switch if cycling the switch did not solve it or disconnecting battery

try to take that switch out and unplugging it, the middle dash cover might have to come out to get to back of it

Chad ( aka -Customer

there is also a hazard switch fuse in the under the steering fuse box , unfortunately my system dont show me picture location to send you , but there should a fuse cover on it if you flip it it should have a label indicating where each fuse is for , one should be hazard

I m sorry this happened on weekend to you

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)