Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I just replaced the Vss & my speedo still doesn't register,

Customer Question

I just replaced the Vss & my speedo still doesn't register, but it not jumping either, should I check the connection when everything cools down? In the morning
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I have all the books-factory manuals, is it a relay or a fuse
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1997 corvette
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just told u I just replaced the vehicle speed sensor @ the transaxle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you go any further with your testing can you connect your scan tool to the system and scan it to see if there are any fault codes setting . If the problem is an electronic control concern there should be a fault code. If you can get this for me and post back with them, we can work from there to determine the cause.