Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

08 3500 Chevy. When towing or so, stop. Get back in truck

Customer Question

08 3500 Chevy. When towing for hour or so, stop for meal. Get back in truck start engine and it runs for 10 seconds,shuts off and I have to pump the knob on top of filter to prime it and get started. Does fine until stop egain.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

if you have to hand prime it for it to run then that fuel filter bottom seals or the filter housing itself is sucking in air and causing the system to loose its prime

if the filter is new then be sure the bottom of the filter is not leaking anything or sucking air if that looks fine and the fuel line from the filter housing to the tank looks good with no fuel stains at all then replace the fuel filter housing and again be sure the fuel filter seal and the bottom fuel filter seals are good and not causing a leak or air to get into the system

that corrects 99 % of these doing this

it is suck a common issue when you do a google search for housings you will see how many there are as these where a big issue

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

how are you making out ?