Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

My 99 s10 cut off after awhile...no throttle

Customer Question

My 99 s10 cut off after awhile...no throttle response....then kill wait a minte it starts up....problem more revalent when ac is on
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Dont run the ac it dont happen....
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Yes ac is good
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 99 s10
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2.2
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The trk was overheating. ..changwd fan lutch fuel filter...and thermostat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Trk idle for 20 minutes it woul run rough like it running out of fuel....dont run ac there no issue...it seem...so far...
Just bought this trk 2 weeks ago it had 64597 miles on it ....12 hrs after I drove it home this problem started...running hot. Then shut off...tbe trk will start back up ...then its ok till the next 24 hrs...fan clutch was just free spin no resistance. ..changed thermostat. ..flushed the system...also changed fuel filter....it was black fluid....and smelled like paint thinner...the first fill up I put 16.5 gal in it thougt bad gas....fuel filter was clogged
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been looking at blogs about this problem on these 2.2 engines it seem common.....I know there is a solution without buying all new parts ....
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sir im here

when it does die on you and you try to started and it does not start , does it crank and no start or no crank

if it does crank and no start at that moment have you tried to see what are we missing at that moment fuel Or spark or both ?

the a/c is loading up the circuit and it is effecting the fuel or the spark or both ?

Can you check and let me know

thanks

is there any check engine lights on

have you checked your fuel filter again and see if sucked that black pain thinner stuff from tank again

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It does crank...then fine with no ac ...ac off no problem
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No didnt change fuel filter again ..no codes or engine light....come on
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its..2.2l engine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any ideas

i will start with a/c control module and check the back connector and the module itself if you have not already

that is low mileage on truck, the a/c circuit is loading up another circuit and killing the truck, if the a/c control head dont fix it you a wiring diagram and see where the a/c circuit crosses the fuel & ignition circuit and test for short at the time a/c is on

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok....I will try that
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would that be a relay
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In the fuse panel

no not a relay , that is the a/c control unit inside the cab, it is inside the dash the one has the control heat /temp fan etc... so you turn on with

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank ill get back to u tues or wed the mech r closed it been to there shop 4 times for this problem and they have no ideal what wrong or why this is happening. ..thanks start there tue...

no problem i should be working Tuesday from 10 am till 12 pm

talk to you soon

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

During the day might take me longer to answer because I will be busy at my shop , but i will still answer you within 30 or less

on the weekend and evening i have more time , just post back here and i will see it if i m online , if not i get an email.

Chad ( aka-Customer