GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have 94 s10 bLazer lt Tahoe v6 vortec fuel

Customer Question

I have 94 s10 bLazer lt Tahoe v6 vortec fuel pump , filter and strainer....getting a non start condition....I sprayed starting fluid in the intake, motor starts then dies, I am getting 8 vcd at the connector for the plz
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

what is your battery showing ?

let me look up the circuit of the fuel pump , we should have a fuel pump relay giving power to it and a ground from pcm

what are you getting on the other side of the connector ,you got 8 v on one does the other have a ground when you attempt to start it

like put ur test light on connector and probe for ground and one person try to start it and hold the key in the start position , are you getting ground at that moment on the fuel pump connector

you can check for ground by hooking up the test light lead to teh positive side of battery so now anything you touch if the test l;ight lights up you found gropund

please let me know

Chad (aka-Customer