Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My '03 Chevy 2500HD suddenly won't shift back into park

Customer Question

My '03 Chevy 2500HD suddenly won't shift back into park anymore. And can under the truck and manually push it in to park. But the shifter cable won't push it there... This problem just started, was wondering if there was a return spring that broke. The cable deflects to the side instead of push the trans shift lever (into park)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

if the cable deflects instead of pushing the shift lever into park and you can shift the little lever by hand into park the issue is the shift cable itself has broken or the plastic outer section has allowing the cable to deflect

i am sorry to say you need to replace the shift cable to correct this issue you are having

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

how are you making out ?