rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I just purchased a 2003 chevy venture LT mini van. I have

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2003 chevy venture LT mini van. I have had it a week. It has 154 thousand miles on it. Today it started bucking and jerking and making a loud clanking noise then the service engine light started flashing and the service traction system light came on and the ABS light came on. I immediately pulled over and had it towed. I don't know what the problem is it was running great and then all of a sudden this happened. What could be the problem? Did I get a lemon?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

WOW!, that's awful, sorry to hear that. Who ever you bring it to should find the problem pretty quick though, seeing that all of this happened at the same time, there may only be one thing wrong like a bad ground somewhere hopefully. They will hook up a scan tool to find out for sure.

Thanks, Ron