Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2010 1500 silverado. When you turn the key on there

Customer Question

I have a 2010 1500 silverado. When you turn the key on there is power. As soon as you turn the key to start the truck it goes dead and the starter does not engage. I checked battery connections and fuses and even put a gharger on but nothing. is there a fusible link or something to look for?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Not many techs online today and we are busy busy. Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this concern if you still want or need help?

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yesterday I turned the key on and moved the gear shift to neutral. The truck started. I put it in park and started it again. I drove it for a couple of hours and it shut off and started. I drove it home and parked it. Now I went to start it and it does the same problem. Turn the key and nothing and everything goes dead.

It seems like a poor connection power or ground somewhere is to blame. I am going to try and figure this out going backwards from things that should be powered. Can you try to start it, hold the key in the start position where as all things powered die. Then have someone remove the starter relay under the hood. Do any of those pins have battery voltage?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris