sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 201 Equinox has stabilitrak, ABS, traction control off,

Customer Question

My 201 Equinox has stabilitrak, ABS, traction control off, and AWD off warnings all at once. Took it to the dealer, they found low engine pressure and replaced the fuel pump. They couldnt replicate the warning lights, It ran great for one month; now all the lights are back, They come and go, never stay on long.
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: All fluids topped off, brakes are great - no noises at all.
JA: What year is your Equinox?
Customer: 2010 with 50k miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix it without spending thousands of dollars. so far the fuel pump has been replaced for $1000.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Right before all the warning lights come on, the vehicle lurches slightly, then "AWD off" lights up. Thats it- otherwise a great vehicle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are literally dozens of things that could cause these lights to come on. They are coming on because the ABS module is seeing an issue in the system that will prevent proper operation and is setting a fault code. The problem could be anything from the brake switch to the module itself, hydraulic control unit and pump motor, the steering angle or yaw sensor, wheel speed sensors, or there may be an engine related issue that would prevent stability control operation.

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No idea of the fault codes. Trying to keep cost down and last time I took it to the shop the lights wouldn't come on and they couldn't read any issues.

Fault codes will stay stored until they are cleared manually or through a battery disconnect. The first step in diagnosing the issue will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module. If you're wanting to do the testing and repair yourself you may be able to have the ABS codes read at a parts store such as Autozone.