Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Daryl, we have a 08 Tahoe and the air only blows through

Customer Question

Hey Daryl, we have a 08 Tahoe and the air only blows through face vents, not floor. Bought a new actuator and connected it to the piece that the only was connected to. It's not positioned right but we were told once connected it would recalibrate. It didn't recalibrate and didn't fix the problem. Can you help?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

While the actuator was off did you move the door to see if you could change the air flow manually?

Auto or manual climate control?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He changed it manually and was to get function to match the setting on defrost, face, defrost/feet but not feet alone.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Or feet/face
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now he's saying that he can hold the half way and get it to blow face/feet but if he lets it go it closes or opens all the way. Control pushed toward front of truck blows air through face. Control toward back of truck blows air through feet.

Normally when you move the door manually and your not able to get the air flow to change directions fully, that means the door or HVAC box is damaged. Can you try a re calibrate shown here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/actuatorcalibrate.pdf

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This answer cost me $38?!!!!!! I've seen multiple answers on other boards.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If I send a phone call offer that is another 26$. So I assume the re-calibrate was not successful?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. The $38 answer you gave doesn't even apply to our problem. We didn't replace control module. I am still seeking an answer for what I've already paid for.

Did you replace the mode door actuator and did you get the same results?