sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Having wiper problem. Replaced motor, and it didn't fix

Customer Question

Having wiper problem. Replaced motor, and it didn't fix problem. Looking for other possible solutions.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: There is power. Wipers have moved to top position and have stopped there. Slightly twitch when turned on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2013 Silverado LT 1500 4x4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thought it was the motor, and have put a new one in. Looking to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything else...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Can you do the tests in the link below to check the relays, and the BCM.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I turn the multi-function switch to all positions, it clicks with every turn of the switch in the fuse box under the hood. Also, the wipers are trying to move, but only twitch and they are stuck at vertical position
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Washer fluid also works

Did you have any luck doing the tests I provided?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure on how to perform tests?

Do you own a digital volt ohm meter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do, but not sure on where to set the dial, or which ports to plug the leads into. Don't want to fry anything on the truck. Where exactly is the body control module(BCM)??

Based on your skills, I do not believe I am the correct tech for you. I do not believe I can successfully walk you through DVOM and every test. I am going to opt out and let another try.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do

What is the brand and model of what you're using?