GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2001 silverado starts fine and runs great secs then satrtsto

Customer Question

2001 silverado starts fine and runs great for 30 secs then satrtsto stall and bog down with a load. stays that way until i turn the key off and right back on does the same exact thing. starts great and runs great 1st 30 secs. NO CODES. changed fuel pump, maf, spark plugs and wires, it has fire, PLEASE HELP
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. What is the fuel pressure at when this happens?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
give me an hour please ill check it
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i feel ike an idiot. im sorry it was the gas cap. i knew i jumped the gun. will i still be charged?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I have never seen a gas cap cause the engine to bog down under a load.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i dont think it was the cap entirely. sorry i left out the part that the engine was swapped and put in a 51 chevy truck with an aftermarket fuel cell. i probably should still put a pressure gauge on it, but its running great now. it was also loose at the neck. sorry for wasting your time. i jumped the gun
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

No problem. Have a great night!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
well seeing how i was charged for this question im going to answer your question. fuel pressure is 55 psi key on engine off and 60 when idling. still does the exact same thing
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and good morning. You were charged the deposit into your account. That must be done in order to post a question on the site. That money is still in your Just Answer account.