chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Technician for over 25 years

What would cause the brakes to lock up automatically on a

Customer Question

what would cause the brakes to lock up automatically on a chevy equinox while in drive?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. There are a couple of things that will be helpful to look at. If you can duplicate it. With the brakes locked up and the engine off. Disconnect the large vacuum line from the booster. If the brakes release. The booster has failed causing unwanted brake apply. What I see most often on these are the master cylinder leaks at the rear of the cylinder and fills the booster with fluid contaminating the rubber components inside. You will have no external leaks.

You may or may not have noticed a loss of fluid, as sometime they top off the reservoir during service.

Please take the time to rate my service. Feel free to ask further assistance, and remember, we can still continue our coversation even after rating. Thank you, George.