George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2006 impala and just replaced the rear struts and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 impala and just replaced the rear struts and the tire is rubbing the wheel well of the car
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No fluid, tires are burning. New struts on car tires still hit wheel well when driving and over bumps in road
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I replaced the stabilizer link bar on both side and still have same results wondering if it can be the trailing arms
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 5 months ago.

Hello I will help,

What is the brand and part numbers of the struts? They rubbed before you replaced them?

What is the size of the tires? Aftermarket rims?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are Monroe 16"-17" wheel base ordered from rock auto. Rims are 16 original and have 17" stock rims and still rubs the wheel well when driving and hitting bumps on roadHere's how it looks on passenger side

It loos like something is out of place, have you had this up in the air and looked for anything loose? Start by shaking the wheel with your hands at 9 and 3 then at 12 and 6. Lift the tire with a prybar and feel the joints on the inside of the wheel knuckle as you do. There should be NO play

What is the tire size?