Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

My 03 impala ls wont stay started. the engine will turn over

Customer Question

my 03 impala ls wont stay started. the engine will turn over only when my foot is down on the acceleration pad. But as soon as I start it, it turns off. what is the issue?or can you help me identify the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you.

you welcome ,give me few minutes be right back with you

Thanks

Chad ( aka-Jhook1398)

is there a check engine light on now ?

how many miles on it ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yess there is an engine check light on. and 201kmiles.

do you have a fuel pressure tester ,so we can check fuel pump pressure ?

is the air intake boot between the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body , has any cracks or torn and sucking air ?

can you check that all Va cum lines are intact and not leaking ?

At 201 k miles , and they way you describing it sound the fuel pump pressure is weak but we need to test to confirm and a diagnostic scan is needed to see the fault code of the check engine light and see if related to the existing problem now ,was it on before this issue ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no I do not know anything of what you are asking and I can not not check it myself im not too knowledgable about cars. this is jus an issue that im hoping you could give me the best type answer .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but I never had a real issue other than before when I started it it would uhh kinda stutter(idle like up and down real calm)nothing too extra but then it would settle and everything would be fine. it never has not fully turned over b4...

well from what you told me and the lack of any testing, i believe the fuel pump is the most possible cause here

the fuel pump on this vehicle is : $125

and you expected the labor to me not more than : $200

I m sorry i wish i had a better answer , like if it was a fuse or something small , but the worst case will be the pump and $325 is what you should expect to pay

Testing is advised before any replacement of parts

GOOD LUCK

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)