Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2009 Chevy Duramax 2500 keeps throwing a P0087 code. I have

Customer Question

2009 Chevy Duramax 2500 keeps throwing a P0087 code. I have put in a rail plug, did the fuel line replacement that Chevy recommended in case the old lines were collapsing. I have now installed a FASS system to push the fuel up to the tank and I did a FASS fuel filter delete. Took it for a test run (pulling my camper) and it threw the code again today.
I have ordered the a new fuel pressure regulator which should be here this week.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently?
Customer: Just hit 100K
JA: What is the model of your '09 Chevy?
Customer: LTZ
JA: Huh?
Customer: Silverado
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I explained all of that above. Did it not come through?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It oly does it with the camper. My boat its fine with
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry for the delay. I believe I can help on this concern. Do you still want or need help?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help with this fuel pressure concern.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris