K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

I have a 2008 Chevy HHR 2.2l with and A/C problem. The

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2008 Chevy HHR 2.2l with and A/C problem. The compressor is kicking on and off and the pressures are set where they need to be. About 30 on the low side and 170 on the high side. Out of the vents i have warm air coming out. Is there a restriction in a line or what do you think the issue could be? Could it be a plugged orifice tube?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 3 months ago.

Hello, what's the outisde air temperature and did you measure the pressures with it at idle speed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

70 degrees outside. and the pressures were measured while at idle

Thanks, ***** ***** be around 35-40 lo and 145-160 hi at that temp. I would suggest replacing the expansion valve, it sounds like it's malfunctioning and causing the low side to go low enough for the low pressure switch to cut out the compressor. I'll post info on how to swap it below.