Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2002 chevy 1500 Silverado battery light wont go off. A/C

Customer Question

2002 chevy 1500 Silverado battery light wont go off. A/C heat fuel gauge temp gauge does not work
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: All done at autu zone said all was good. Sometimes I can move the steering wheel up and down it will go off but as soon as I turn on the fan it goes click and comes back on
JA: What is the model of your '02 Chevy?
Customer: Silverado 1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to fix it myself just put on a new water pump yesterday. This has been going on over a year nobody seems to know anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope just tired of baking in this Texas heat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

when these gauge clusters do this it usually comes down to a bad ignition switch or a bad gauge cluster itself

i would inspect the wiring off the ignition switch down the steering column

if that looks good replace the ignition switch NOT the ignition lock cylinder but the switch that snaps into the ignition lock cylinder case

if it still does this and the grounds are clean and tight then the gauge cluster would need to be sent out to be repaired or replaced

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

how are you making out ?