Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician

I have a 2014 Impala LTZ. The front camera has been replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Impala LTZ. The front camera has been replaced 3 or is it 4 times in the last 2 years. First year no issues. Gm is aware of the issue. I picked it up again today from the dealership where I purchased it. They had to replace the front camera mount as it failed from too much handling. Driving home I find the front camera warning does not come on. However, the forward collision system is on but is only working when it chooses to. It is also not notifying you when you get up close & personal to the vehicle in front of you. Any suggestions? I've lost confidence in the dealership I'm using. They apparently cannot repair this safety feature.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hi Sherrie,

We have the same car built by Holden in Australia.

The front camera module is a fairly straightforward fitment plus some programming and setup procedures.

If you have lost faith in your current dealer, why not try the next closest to you to see if they can fix it for you.

I have fixed many cars that other dealers can't.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hi Sherrie,

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards