GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1989 454 tbimy injectors are finaly spraying but un evenly

Customer Question

1989 454 tbimy injectors are finaly spraying but un evenly the idleis to highthe black box I think its a fuel regulater relay when I movedit around that's whenthe injectors started spraying I'm a disabled veteran this is all I have help
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: it did when I fist got itthen one day I as I was drivingwas putting it into nuteraul reverse and she shut right down I pulled over and started back up I went on until I go to get off the freeway she dies now for a month ive been tryin to figure ive changefeul pump gas tank injectors the map thing plugs wires I'm broke again please help me to figure thisout
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1989 chevy silverodo suburban 2500 she beautify shes all ive got
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yesive replace the injectors I thought it was the feulpumpso in the prosses of doing sosome one stolel the hole gastank thenwe found some badmelted wireing under the truck ive spent some money but until I moved this some sort of regulator the injectors started spryng
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm not sure but I would lke to say one thing thank you for thimeyou are give me for my truck
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me where the black box that you moved is located on this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ITS LOCATED ON THE FIREWALL IN THE ENGINE AREA NOW SOMEONE HAS TOLD ME THAT THERE ISAWIRE ON IT THAT LEADS TO NO WHERE AND ITS FOR TESTING THE INJECTERSITWAS STILL CONECTED WHEN I MOVED IT RIGHT WHEN I DID THIS THEY STARTED SPRAYING I CAN START MY TRUCK BUT NOW ITS IDLEINGWAY TO HIGH AND ONE INJECTER IS PUTTING OUT MORE GAS THAN THE OTHER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,after looking through my info on this here unfortunately I do not see this box myself to be able to say for sure what it is on this model.I will have to see if others here can assist more on this further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete