Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I need to have all brake lines replaced in a 2003 Chevy

Customer Question

I need to have all brake lines replaced in a 2003 Chevy Impala. I was quoted an estimate of $1500 for parts and labor. Is that excessive or about right?
JA: Have you checked the fluid? How old are the brakes?
Customer: Brakes go all the way to the floor when pushed. Puddle under car. Added fluid initially. I was told the lines were rusted and need replaced.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, want to take it to a repair shop. Just want to know if $1500. is excessive or not.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** does seem too expensive. The manual doesn't give a book time to replace lines so price could change a lot from shop to shop. I would recommend calling at least 3 different places and make one of them a place that specializes in brakes. I think you should be able to get the job done or half of quote you were given. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.