chevygeorge, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Technician for over 25 years

I need the radio code chevy aveyo hatchback

Customer Question

I need the radio code for a chevy aveyo hatchback KL1tD2684B187169
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: the battery went dead and there is no code or manual in glove box
JA: What year is your Hatchback?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to know how to get code to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

if you do this can you get a 6 digit number ?

. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)

2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.

4. Press the AM/FM button

5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that did not work, when you turn on the radio it flashes code then 4 dashes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want my money back since the advice wasn't for my model of car
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 3 months ago.

I may be able to assist. My name is***** vehicle only has a 4 digit code. I assume you no longer have the stamped index card sent from the factory with the 4 digit code?

"For the above-listed vehicles, the radio codes are located in the glovebox. An index card that is stamped with a four-digit code is placed in the glovebox at the plant. The radio is preset at the plant."

Unfortunately, if you no longer have access to the stamped card, it will be necessary pull the radio to get the serial number off the radio, which is located on the top right of the radio.

It will be necessary to take that number to a GM parts department, where they may be able to look up the code on Dealerworld. They will probably require some proof of ownership(registration or title). However, some vehicles codes are not on Dealerworld , so it may be necessary to have a dealership personnel contact GM TAC to get the code. I'll attach the document (it gets a little confusing) on the process. I hopes this clear up any confusion.

Please take the time to rate my service today, and feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Please note, we can continue our conversation even after rating. Thank you, George.

Also, your radio RPO code is U3L and your VIN break falls before those listed, so it will have a factory installed radio code.