JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

2002 Avalanche just popped a code P0452, Scanned and cleared

Customer Question

2002 Avalanche just popped a code P0452
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Scanned and cleared it but came right back
JA: What is the model of your '02 Chevy?
Customer: 1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Getting ready to get a gas cap...original and live in Vegas...only 112 today
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes try to fix myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

As you have probably already checked this code indicates low voltage to the fuel pressure sensor. In most cases the pressure sensor is disconnected in order to get the fuel tank all of the way down to replace the fuel pump. The pressure sensor is separate from the fuel harness. This sensor usually sits right on top of the tank. It has a 3 wire connector. Since it has a code for low voltage to the pressure sensor this tells me this is not your typical evaporative system problem like a leak or a bad fuel cap. When the computer sees less than approximately 30 Millivolts on this circuit it will set this code. This code is consistent with a disconnected harness. Bot***** *****ne is it needs to be rechecked. You should not have to pull the fuel tank all the way down to check it. It is very very unlikely that the sensor is bad. It is also unlikely that you have a pinched wire.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be available for any follow up questions.I wanted to add one more thing about the pressure sensor. The dark green wire should have between 100 millivolts all the way up to 4.5 volts. I would look for somewhere about 2 volts. The gray wire should have 5 volts. The black wire is ground. I put this in here just in case you wanted to do some troubleshooting yourself.