chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

I am loosing brake fluid everything was fine I started my

Customer Question

I am loosing brake fluid everything was fine I started my car step on the brake pedel then it was like a line blew out. I checked the caliper hose, no leaks then replaced the master cylinder. Is there something behind or below the brake booster that could go out?
JA: How old are your brakes? When was the brake fluid last changed?
Customer: Brakes not old and fluid has now been changed, but not before this leak
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2001 Chevy Impala
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to however I am begging to think it might be one of the steel lines behind the master cylinder but didn't know if there was some kinda valve there somewhere
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No just glad I didn't pull out of drive could have been bad they went so quick
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the techs here. When you say you are losing brake fluid, do you see a leak anywhere? Are there any spots on your driveway / garage floor? If all 4 calipers are dry, look at the ABS pump. Is it wet? The ABS pump is the only part in-between the master and each brake caliper. Check those and let me know the results.

Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

Also, did you bench bleed the master cylinder before installing the new part? Check the link below for a video on how to do it.

- Chris

Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

If you need further advise, feel free to ask.

Please go ahead with my rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service.

You can ask more questions even after the rating is given at no charge.