karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master certified, L1,Iatn sponser,tech net training, automotive training group certificates
17741603

I have a 99 chevy cavalier. It will turn over but will not

Customer Question

I have a 99 chevy cavalier . It will turn over but will not start the theft light is blinking
Category: Chevy
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 5 months ago.

The best place to start will be scanning the computer system for stored failure code information. Specifically in the anti-theft system. From there we will have a better diagnostic direction.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there a way to unplug the theft system

There is not an easy way to bypass the system. You can attempt this procedure, turn ignition key to run (do not crank engine) and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Security light should flash during that time, try to start. You may need to try a couple times. If that doesn't work next best step would be to read the failure codes stored in the computer system.