Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Getting code P0700 on my 06 trailblazer SS. shifts hard at

Customer Question

getting code P0700 on my 06 trailblazer SS. shifts hard at take off from stop sign. is it the TCM? Had one put on about 75000 miles ago.
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: no, HUM device sent the codes, i get am email each time it happens. at least two a day
JA: What is the model of your '73000 Chevy?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing but research so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the transmission has been rebuilt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: it has 255,000 miles
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** code means the transmission control module detected a problem and requested to turn on check engine light. These vehicles are known for the input speed sensor wiring getting damage near sensor on transmission. Next step would be to check codes with a scan tool capable of checking codes in transmission control module. P0700 is stored in the Engine control module. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.