Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I changed the front left blinker bulb on my 99 C5, third

Customer Question

I changed the front left blinker bulb on my 99 C5, third time in 3 months, this time after I changed it the head lights will not go down. I tried high beam solution, disconnected the battery etc. no luck.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: I do not have a service manual to find which fuse to check. Both lamps work on high and low beam.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1999 Corvette C5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried high beam off and on, unhooked the battery and also lightly pushing down on them to see if they would go down
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have changed the buld three times by taking the hood stop off and reaching thru the side panel. This time I had to pull it out with some needle nose pliers because the bulb was exploded and it sparked a bit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 5 months ago.

Hello,sorry for the wait

Lets start by checking the fuses below

click here

Larry

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This was no help at all.

?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Diagram you went was not clear, I checked all the 10 amp fuses and they are all good .

Ok, those were the 2 that power the hdlmp doors. let me look at the diagram again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have a manual and they worked perfect before I changed the bulb for the third time.

Are you sure you didnt knock a wire off when working on it?

Ok,

Using a volt meter check for power at the 2 connections on the actuator module. see diagram below.

click here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not paying anymore money, I have checked all connections and fuses, you can call me but this is a wild goose chase after I wont sign up for a months subscription, thank god I paid with American Express.

You should contact cust service. I dont work in the main office so i dont know what you are talking about more money...just use the help button at the bottom f the page please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your wiring diagram and instructions are bullshit, I'm going to Chevy.

You have to be able to read them and use a volt meter.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can read a volt meter, are you suggesting I am an idiot?? Your diagrams and answers are very vague, you obviously work for just answer and get a cut.

Not everyone can read a diagram. i have no clue about you.

Best to just take it to chevy because i would have to look at it. What do you think chevy is going to say if you were to call them and ask whats wrong with it??? I can tell you right now, they would have to look at it.....well, same here. Im just being logical here, thats all. I would have to meet you to determine if i thought you were an idiot...ugh. That was really uncalled for.