Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

My clock and the cluster of lights beneath the clock on my

Customer Question

My clock and the cluster of lights beneath the clock on my 2004 Chevy Aveo will not work. Sporadically, they will flash on before start.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Headlights and battery are fine, lights for speedometer and tach are fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am hoping to. The only thing I've checked are fuses. Bulbs seem fine, as I said they flash on occasion.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Daytime running lights module was replaced recently, but the lights were not functional before. I was actually hoping that might be a fix.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the cluster itself with the circuits internally.I have seen part of the circuit board fail internally and cause this as well as internal circuits on the board itself.This will have to be removed and tested and repaired by an electronics repair facility or removed and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete