Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Was looking on duramax that is smoking used a solus narrowed

Customer Question

was looking for info on duramax that is smoking used a solus narrowed it down to number 3
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: no and 250k
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 k series 3500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: son in laws truck........... since i am the ase cert tech just looking for more info have very little work on these over the years
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Forget what it was called but the {fuel balance}? was -3.1 all other cylinders were .2 - .7
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Is there a misfire felt when driving?

Have you done anything yet to address cylinder or injector 3?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not yet, son in law had added some Lucas diesel fuel cleaner to tank before I checked the balance. The next day seemed to be smoking less, he stopped at a truck stop near his picked up some commercial grade injector clean/lube added to his tank and headed to work approx 75 miles was not smoking any longer when got there, came to my house I rechecked balance all cylinders within a plus or minus of bouncing -.2 low to .9

So as of right now it appears to be fixed and running fine. It looks like some trash built up in the injector and was effecting the spray pattern of the injector. He may want to keep using injector additive for the next 2-3 tanks to get them as clean as possible.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris