GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

My 95 Camaro basic has the engine light coming on and now

Customer Question

Hi Pearl my 95 Camaro basic has the engine light coming on and now the oil light. Everything seems fine. I've heard it could be a fuse problem. It's been on a scope a few times with no results but the lights weren't on at that moment. I've done a lot of research online. Any help would be so much appreciated! Thank you. Leigh
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: I heard to replace fuse number 6 under the hood for the check engine light. But I haven't found schematics online that make any sense
JA: What year is your Camaro?
Customer: 95 basic Camaro it may have been a major release and I have heard that it makes a difference V6 convertible not that that makes a difference but it sure is fun!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I found a mechanic who also has mechanic friends that I will call but I was hoping to troubleshoot it ahead of time
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's what I'm asking you :-)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what engine do you have?

have you been driving the car with the oil light on?