AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

The ignition c fuse it keeps popping im trying to do

Customer Question

the ignition c fuse it keeps popping im trying to do research and determine anything that might help me to determine why
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 99 gmc sonoma
JA: What year is your Sonoma?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im hoping depending on what it is of course. so far im gonna replace the neutral safety switch and see. it needs replaced anyways other than that im not sure which direction to go
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not sure.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I get your engine size?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Please dont a duplicate new question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2.2 litre
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Would you like a wiring diagram of this circuit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already have that information. Where I'm curious is where to start looking and what are some potential problem areas if any. Can the neutral safety switch be an issue? It needs replaced anyways and i plan to add new connectors with it. But providing that doesn't fix my issue where do i go next? Is there any known areas prone to shorts that could be useful knowing?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and sorry for the delay! There are several things on this circuit that can cause this fuse to blow. What needs to be done is to disconnect one component at a time on this circuit to see which one is causing this short. Just disconnect a component and turn the key on to see if the fuse continues to blow. If so, move onto the next component. Repeat this until you have found the root cause. Since you have a wiring diagram of this circuit, it should make it really easy to map out this circuit and your plan of attack.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!