GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2005 silverado, code p1626 antitheft is shutting off fuel

Customer Question

2005 silverado, code p1626 antitheft is shutting off fuel and it will start and stall
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: new battery, fully charged
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chevy?
Customer: silverado work truck 4.3
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ignition switch, key cylinder
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: running resistor to attempt to bypass anti theft system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

That could be the BCM. The vehicle theft deterrent (VTD) body control module (BCM) sends a vehicle security password ***** the powertrain control module (PCM), via the class 2 serial data circuit, after the BCM has sensed the proper operation of the ignition switch and lock, and determined that the switch and lock have not been tampered with. If this password ***** the password ***** in the PCM, fuel will be enabled. If the BCM does not send a password, or if the PCM does not receive it, the vehicle will not start, or it may start and stall.

There is a test that can be done on it which requires a scan tool.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,